Overview of CS:GO Trading: Buy and sell CS:GO items – the best tips
We’ll tell you how to buy and sell CS:GO items. In the meantime, the market for skins has grown enormously and there are many offers on the net. If you want to buy skins, you can sometimes buy them significantly below the market value. And there is also a safe way to sell.
Best CS:GO Skins Trading Sites Comparison in 2021
How to buy items in CS:GO?
You can buy items in Counter Strike: Global Offensive, CS:GO for short, in different ways – either directly via Steam or third-party sites:
- You can easily purchase items from the Steam Marketplace. You can use the balance of your Steam wallet for this. The items will then be directly available in your inventory. However, make sure that you can only trade them after seven days.
- As an alternative, you can also purchase items through third-party providers such as Bitskins. The advantage here is that the price is often significantly below the Steam market value.
- Be patient with both options: The best offers often come very quickly and are once again below the actual price. This can save you cash. The time of day also often plays a role. The more users are online, the better the offers.
- Warning: With Steam you are definitely on the safe side, if only because of the various authentication levels. With third-party providers, the data protection situation is often different and not everyone can be blindly trusted.
Sell CS:GO items: how it works?
Selling old CSGO skins can be worthwhile – for example, if you no longer use them or need money for new ones. A distinction must be made here whether you want real money or Steam credit for it. You can then use the latter for games and other steam items.
- Steam credit: Simply advertise your items on the Steam marketplace and set a price for them. Make sure you study the graph and don’t set your price too high or too low. The lower the price, the faster you can get your money.
- Money: To get real money, you have to sell on third party sites. Here the prices are usually lower, often even well below “market value”; So-called dumping depresses the value of many skins. In addition, these pages are not necessarily secure.
- So decide for yourself whether it is really worth the risk and the lower price. Conversely, if you buy games from the money anyway, you can also park them in your Steam wallet.
Trade CSGO skins: buy and sell CS:GO skins with more tips
Since the world of skins is now extremely large, there are a few things to consider. There are even traders who now make money from skins. But of course you have to be very experienced in handling the items. We’ll show you some of the trader’s tricks:
- To be able to calculate prices well, use steamanalyst.com. This page calculates the average price of all units sold. This will help you find the exact values of the different items.
- So far you could trade items on csgolounge.com. Here you open so-called “trades” – a kind of search query for a certain item. If you find a suitable trading partner, you can exchange the items with them. This part of the page is under construction, only bets on games are currently available here.
- Pay attention to so-called scams. These are methods by which fraudsters try to seize your items. Steam support no longer supports you if you lose it.
- Furthermore, it has been proven within the community to write to CS:GO players who like to trade using the profile comment function. So you can trade with a single person.